The application process
The application has to be submitted personally and can be processed within 15 days upon submission of your complete visa application but for some nationalities it can take up to 45 working days. Please submit your application at least 15 days but not earlier than six months before the scheduled departure.
The visa application fee for an adult is the equivalent of EUR 80.00 in QAR. This non-refundable charge is payable in cash or credit cards when applying at VFS.
Please bring the following documents plus one copy of each to your appointment at VFS Global and keep the following order of the documents. Documents in languages other than German, English or French must be translated by an authorized translator.
Further documentation may be requested in each individual case.
2 fully biometric passport photo, 35 x 45 mm, no older than three months. Digitally altered passport photos cannot be accepted. Please ensure that your photo adheres to German biometric requirements and is taken in front of a white/bright background.
Original passport or travel document valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from the territory of the Schengen area. The passport/travel document must contain at least two blank pages and was issued within the last 10 years. Provide photocopy of the passport data page, previous Schengen visas within last 3 years and valid USA/UK/ Australia visas if available.
Proof of legal residence in Qatar, valid for at least 3 months beyond the intended date of departure from the Schengen territory
A reservation for a round-trip airline ticket with the applicant’s name. Successful applicants might be requested to present their original return airline ticket.
Travel/medical insurance (coverage on medical expenses at least EUR 30,000 and valid for the entire Schengen area for the duration of the applicant's planned stay). It is a requirement that claims against the insurance company are recoverable in a Member State. The insured party, policy validity period, geographical coverage and schedule of benefits must be mentioned of the policy schedule/certificate. Insufficient proof of valid Travel Medical Insurance can lead to repatriation from the Schengen area.
Must be addressed to the German Embassy and signed by legal representative of the company as per Company Registration
- Name, postal address, telephone number, position of employee
- Salary income of applicant
- Attached copy of Company Registration/computer card showing legal representative(s)
Letter must be not older than one month
Original and duplicate of formal obligation, signed at the foreigner’s office by the host in Germany, Finland, Austria or Slovenia.
- with guarantee to cover all costs of applicant during his/her stay in Germany in accordance with §§ 66-68 of the Law of residence (formal obligation must not be older than 6 months from the date of application) sent directly to applicant;
- and /or
- Personalized original invitation letter from the host in Germany/Schengen incl. full address of host and applicant’s purpose of visit and
- Passport copy of host in Germany/Schengen State and copy of his/her residence permit for Germany/ Schengen State if applicable
Original stamped and signed personal bank statements with salary income (minimum last 3 months and not older than 2 weeks from the day of submission)
NOTE: In case financial means are provided by a relative in direct line (parent/child) or spouse, please submit birth certificate or marriage certificate with an English translation to prove the relationship
- Stamped original and copy of employment contract registered with the competent Qatari labor authorities
- Duly filled out letter of guarantee signed by sponsor
- Passport copy of sponsor and copy of his/her Schengen Visa
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Furnished false information or fake documents during the visa application process will lead automatically to a denial of the application and will lead also to an entry ban for Germany (possibly therefore also for the other Schengen countries)!
Please use our online appointment booking system. It is not possible to book an appointment via phone or Email.