TII German Language Program - NEW! Partner of the Goethe Institut
Do you already have some good reasons to learn German? Want to communicate with relatives, or to travel to Germany during your summer break, or to prepare yourself for study in a German-speaking country?!
Just in case you still have any doubts and need a final push toward taking the plunge, here are some more reasons why learning German may be a good choice for you:
- German is the most widely spoken language in Europe.
- German is the 3rd most popular foreign language taught worldwide and the second most popular in Europe and Japan.
- Germany has the 3rd strongest economy and is the #1 export nation in the world. Which means, knowing German creates business opportunities.
- 1 in 10 books in the world is published in German. In number of books published, Munich is second in the world only to New York.
- German-speaking countries have a rich cultural heritage. Germany is often referred to as the land of poets and thinkers. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Thomas Mann, Franz Kafka, just to name a few.
- German speaking countries are the world of classical music. (Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Strauss, and Wagner to name only a few). Vienna remains an international center of music today.
- German is not as hard as you think. If you already know English, then you already have an advantage when it comes to learning German. The two languages share many similarities in both vocabulary and grammar.
The curriculum of the German program is based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). The German language program is strengthened by the newly signed partnership with the Goethe Institut which will increase an international cultural exchange for our students.
For more Information please visit TII's Website.